The book tells the story of the Buonomini of San Martino, a
famous Florentine charitable institution: it traces its history, uninterrupted
from its foundation in 1442 until today, it illustrates its artistic heritage
and the pictorial cycle painted by the Ghirlandaio’s workshop. The volume also
describes the important restoration works conducted on the frescoes, very rare
testimony of Florence in the late fifteenth century.
Texts by Timothy Verdon, Giovanni Contini Bonacossi, Maria Raffaella de
Gramatica, Paolo Giustiniani, Serena Sangaletti, Ludovica Sebregondi, Laura